Friday, January 15, 2010

Has Dennis Miller gone conservative?

I haven't followed Miller for a long, long time, but I seem to remember he had more of a liberal slant when he did his comedy bit with SNL long ago. And now he's going to Fox News as a conservative?





I've been sleeping, I guess, but when did he change political affiliations?Has Dennis Miller gone conservative?
Like a lot of comedians, he has become more political. George Carlin became a very outspoken liberal. Miller has become more and more conservative for the last ten years or so, especuially after September 11.





I enjoy both Carlin and Miller for their cleverness. But in each case I suppose they risk turning off a substantial portion of their audience.Has Dennis Miller gone conservative?
I think he's always been a Republican. I saw him on a late night talk show during the Bush-Kerry election and he made fun of Kerry. He has always been a Republican.
So what if he's turned conservative? I always thought he was anyway. Did you ever watch Dennis Miller Live on HBO? He has a scathing wit! But he always seem like a right leaning fellow.





But what if he is a conservative? Lets see-on the liberal side of comedy there's a boat load of smart asses-Like Carlin (I love him, but I really think he is more a free thinker/independant than a liberal) and Bill Mayer-a flaming liberal, Geneen Garafalo, Robin WIlliams......





So we have a funny guy on the conservative side. Liberal are treating this like they treat any one who comes out as a conservatve-whine, ***** and moan.
Crack addiction destroys yet another life..
yeah... it's kind of funny... he's fallen off of the face of the earth after the monday night football thing...





maybe he shouldn't use such big words if a large percent of his target audience lives in the South?





Dennis Miller being a Republican and still telling his jokes is like John Updike becoming a NASCAR color man...
I think george would argue with you about him being liberal...he's an equal opportunity basher just like lewis black
his views changed after 9/11...then his career started to suffer for it...too bad liberals in Hollywood aren't as accepting as they say they are...
Both Carlin and Lewis Black are liberals, and there's nothing wrong with that. If neither is liberal, then Miller isn't a conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment