Sunday, January 17, 2010

Whose politcal humor is funnier: Bill Maher, Jon Stewart or Dennis Miller?

Also, have you ever been influenced by any political commentary that one of these comedians has made?Whose politcal humor is funnier: Bill Maher, Jon Stewart or Dennis Miller?
They're all pretty funny but i think Miller is the funniest. Of course they don't influence me, they are just dopey comedians..Whose politcal humor is funnier: Bill Maher, Jon Stewart or Dennis Miller?
Dennis Miller is the biggest whiner weenie in the freaking WORLD. A hundred years ago on Saturday Night Live he was funny - guess that's cause somebody was writing for him.





There's no question that Jon Stewart is the funniest, but frankly I think he's too damn nice.





Maher has balls. Plus he's funny.





Do they ';influence'; me? No, I don't watch them often or regularly enough. Actually, *I* am the one influencing THEM, since their comedy plays off of what is happening in society.





You know, you and me.
I love Jon Stewart, but I think he pulls his punches a little too much sometimes.....Bill Maher is usually right on and brutal.....I used to like Dennis Miller, until he became a whore for the right.....
I'd say Bill Maher is the funniest, regardless that he is an arsssshole.


He would not seem so funny if his audience was not loaded with liberal shills who will laugh at anythig he says.


But beyound that sometimes he can be really funny!
Miller has more low-key sophisticated comedy. It's not slap-stick or in your face. It would be hard to compare. There's not a thing funny about Maher.
None of the above...Stephen Colbert is my favorite, with his deadpan satire and parody of Bill O'Reilly. And no, he doesn't influence me, he just makes me laugh about how easily others are influenced.
Dennis Miller is the funniest, Jon Stewart is good, but Bill Maher, he stinks, Conan is much better.
Dennis Miller? He was only vaguely funny in the 80's, now he's as funny as a blockage in the heart!





What about the late great George Carlin?
Maher isn't funny at all. Miller and Stewart are both hillarious, though I'm partial to Miller (for both political reasons, and I just like his highbrow style a bit more). Colbert is great too.
All three are kind of dry. Bill Maher and Dennis Miller cancel each other out, so I think we're left with Stewart.





Colbert however is quite funny.
My Fave is Dennis Miller - and no I would never be influenced by political commentary from a comedian, or news commentator.
Maher totally sucks. Stewart sucks a little. Miller is great.
Stewart %26gt; Maher%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;鈥?Miller.
I like Dennis Miller, personally.
Jon Stewart is very funny, I think.
John Stewart


No
Bill Maher is an idiot, he is just a liberal lapdog.





Jon Stewart tries too hard be funny, and spends too little time on research. He is, at least, open minded enough to call out his own party.





Dennis Miller pushes the mental limit of every listener, that is why libs find it hard to follow along. If you listen, you can tell his program to be well thought out and researched. Although I don't always agree with Dennis, he is too moderate for my tastes on some subjects, he makes more sense then the other 2.





Edit/// Some of these answers show the liberal ';mentality';. Dennis Miller was funny when he was making fun of conservative, but now that he making fun of liberals, he is not funny anymore. Maher doesn't have to make sense or be funny, as long as he drops F bombs directed towards conservatives. Just goes to show, libs are only in favor of free speech as long as it isn't being used against them. Here is some free speech for you, liberalism is for idiots and morons!
It depends on my mood. Dennis Miller's humor is more cerebral, and if you're tired or grumpy it just doesn't fit. When he's on he's brilliant, but when he's off he's unwatchable. Jon Stewart can be extremely funny, but it's definitely comedy for the masses. A lot of his jokes are extremely juvenile, and are the political equivalent of a fart joke. I don't find Bill Maher funny. He's like Carlos Mencia. Even though he COULD be funny he seems to bring a very hostile, belligerent attitude. It doesn't seem like he wants to be funny. So stuff that Dave Chapelle does is hilarious, while the same basic jokes told by Carlos Mencia fall flat. Instead of poking fun he's trying to hurt. And I don't find that funny. Bill Maher is the same way.





Jon Stewart makes me laugh more consistently, although Dennis Miller makes me laugh harder. So I guess it's a tossup. And no, neither of them has ever influenced my political views.





And although many people don't even know who he is, Henry Rollins has some EXTREMELY funny (and smart) political commentary. Both on his show and his spoken word series.

No comments:

Post a Comment